When the streets turn red and hearts are everywhere, you know that Mr. Cupid is flying around again! It’s that time of the year that most people start searching to collect some ideas for Valentine’s day.
Unfortunately, I don’t like Valentine’s day. More specifically, I don’t like the overall romantic layer of it, but I have to admit that I do like the broader idea of Valentine’s day as an occasion in which you express your love or friendship for each other. But actually, it doesn’t matter.
Whether you’re a romantic soul writing the most beautiful love poems and throwing hearts around, or whether you are your coolest self – always and everywhere – there’s nothing wrong with showing someone that you care, isn’t it? That’s why I love to share some Valentine’s ideas with you :
5 ideas to celebrate (or survive) Valentine’s day
(delete what is not applicable for you)
- Love goes through the stomach : cook for your loved one OR invite some friends over to your place and serve a delicious plate to the table! (whether it’s your spouse, significant other, best friend, group of friends, or just yourself, you can’t go wrong with any of these recipes)
- Write a poem or a letter and tell how much you care: I know some of you will say ‘uh!?!’. Don’t panic. Ever heard of Pinterest?
- Say it with a song : if you’re a musician, make your own song. If you’re not, don’t! Don’t be too hard on yourself. If you can’t say or write it by yourself, just choose a song that tells it for you. (Or if you want to make it more personal, make your own play list of his / her / their all-time-favourite numbers)
- Make the day a little bit sweeter with flowers. Start decorating your home with flowers or order a bouquet and send it with a lot of love to the right destination.
- A present is always a winner ! If you choose the right gift for someone, it’s like saying that you really know him or her! (and hey, if you can’t decide, let your loved one choose – just to be safe – and say it wit a gift card).
I selected some gift ideas for you, but please go and find out more about our LECHAPERON collection to find that perfect gift!